Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm a Winner!!!

Oh how I wish I could be walking around the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) Convention (taking place this weekend in CA) with my camera happily snapping away at all those new goodies being introduced and we can't wait to get our hands on products:)  Next best thing...all the blogs and online stores hosting chats, pictures from CHA, and gifts of goodies for checking out their new products.  And guess what...I've won two gifts!  A digital template kit download and a $25 gift certificate for new stamps.  So exciting!  I'm just getting back into the paper crafting world.  I say "getting back into" because I use to scrapbook years ago when you used a few pictures, some brightly colored paper and a pair of scissors to make the pages of an album that were a bit better looking than sticking pictures in an album, writing a word or two description, a date and calling it done:)  Now we have all these beautifully crafted papers, rubber stamps, spritzers of paint, glitter, embossing powders, dies and cutters, ink, gismos and gadgets to cut, distress, and manipulate our paper into these little works of art.  I'm in heaven!  Now I can't visit enough stores, both online and brick and mortar, and blogs to look around at all the inventions and inspiration.  I've most certainly found an expansion of my love of creating art through painting and sewing through this hobby of scrapbooking, journalling, making cards, and creating altered art.  And I'm meeting a lot people who share this new hobby of mine.  I hope they don't mind my million questions:)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome!! and congratulations too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Impression Obsession win! It is my favorite stamp company. I live in VA also, in the Summer, I think it was June, there is a scrapbook convention at the Dulles Expo Center for two days. I am new to stamping so last summer was my first time going to it. I got to meet Mitra, the owner of Impression Obsession as they had a booth set up. She was so nice, she actually also just taught a class up in MD that I also attended at a scrapbook store (that also carries a lot of rubber stamps) called PhotoScraps. You may also want to check that store out if you are in MD. We have a bunch of bunch of scrapbook and rubber stamp stores in Northern Virginia and Maryland: Scrapbooks Plus, Angela's Happy Stamper, The Queens Ink, and PhotoScraps. Good luck with everything!

    Katie
    imkt (at) excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on your win Nellie!! You'll have such FUN spending your IO stampin' dollars!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog while visiting the Impression Obsession site. Thought I'd friend you since I too am new to blogging and we each have three followers so far. ( Well now you have four!) Please visit my blog (swakb.blogspot.com). This card making is addictive!

    ReplyDelete